Everyone seemed to benefit from the five day school routine. As we approach the midpoint of the school year, it is important that we remind students that learning is about trying hard, believing in yourself, and persisting when things get tough. Teaching your children not to give up may involve:
Sharing a time you tried something new, struggled, and kept going
- Engaging them in activities that provide a challenge
- Reminding them it is okay to be frustrated, it is okay to fail, and take the opportunity to try again. It is important to stick with something.
- Providing encouragement and praise for effort and determination
Thank you for clipping and sending in the Box Top coupons. The January collection is quickly coming to an end and we only have a handful of collection sheets.
This is the time of year we begin planning kindergarten registration. Please mark your calendars and share the information below with your neighbors and friends that have children coming to kindergarten in the fall.
- Kindergarten Registration will be on Monday, March 5th from 6:00-8:00PM and Tuesday, March 6th from 9:00-noon.
- Parents need to bring the child's birth certificate, proof of residency (3 pieces of current documentation), proof of a recent medical examination, immunization records, and a lead test
- The registration involves completing paperwork and meeting with different staff members. The process typically takes 30 minutes.
Next Friday we encourage students to help cheer on the Patriots as they become the champions of the 2017 NFL season by winning the Super Bowl game against the Philadelphia Eagles. We hope to see many students and staff members wearing Patriots clothes and/or colors.
Have a wonderful weekend.